The Center for Shared Services seeks an Accounting Assistant to input and process accounting transactions related to CSS and its client organizations. The Center for Shared Services equips free market non-profit organizations with the best tools to achieve their missions. We provide advice and information in areas including: compliance, human resources, recruiting, finance, accounting, and communications. We also offer leadership development training, best practices in management and policy, and recommendations for consultants and vendors to fulfill operational needs.
- Review and process invoices for payment.
- Review and process receivable invoices and charitable contributions.
- Review and process employee reimbursements and monthly credit card reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly accrual and recurring journal entries.
- Assist in compiling information for filing annual compliance and tax returns.
- Assist in reconciling balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain 100% compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- 0-2 years of experience in a professional, office environment
- Associate’s Degree, Accounting Certificate, or current pursuit of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting strongly preferred
- Demonstrated interest in accounting and bookkeeping
- Previous Accounts Payable or General Ledger experience strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills and proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Results-driven sense of urgency
- Appreciation for free market ideals and principles of limited government