A Center for Shared Services client seeks a Deputy Director, Member Relations to join its Development team. The Deputy Director, Member Relations will work within a fast-moving team to build and strengthen relationships with major philanthropic partners. Along with these partners, the client works to advance the culture of freedom to build the capabilities of institutions that advance a free society. This client is a non-profit business association working to advance economic freedom.
- Cultivate relationships with major philanthropic partners to maximize long-term fundraising.
- High degree of strategic management and prioritization involving relationships with outside organizations.
- Understand the needs of other team members and facilitate information sharing
- Work with non-profits to improve face-to-face solicitation techniques and strategies.
- Assist and/or lead other development/fundraising projects as they occur.
- Assist in managing development moves and assist with general logistics at events as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University is required
- 4+ years’ experience in a professional environment is required
- Past experience in major gift fundraising and a familiarity with concepts of Moves Management is preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office (particularly Excel and Outlook, Internet researching tools, and some database experience)
- Solid understanding of and commitment to classical liberal ideals, market principles, and the advancement of liberty
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership ability or entrepreneurial behavior
- Humility, integrity, passion, motivation, and a self-starter attitude
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize; excellent organizational skills
- Advanced skills in strategic planning and coordination