The Center for Shared Services seeks a Director of Accounting Operations to oversee the accounting functions related to CSS and its client organizations. The role requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in managing day-to-day accounting functions. The Center for Shared Services equips free market non-profit organizations with the best tools to achieve their missions. We provide advice and information on: compliance, human resources, recruiting, finance, accounting, and communications. We also offer leadership development training, best practices in management and policy, and recommendations for consultants and vendors to fulfill operational needs.
- Develop, implement, and manage the accounting functions and culture within the organization, providing leadership to the accounting operations team.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, accounts receivable, and purchasing cards for organization and its clients.
- Identify, promote, and implement various system and continual process improvements while maintaining accounting policies, efficiency, financial controls, and segregation of duties.
- Assist management with the recruitment, development, training, supervision, and evaluation of accounting staff.
- Maintain 100% compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience and staff management experience
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers within varying levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Financial Edge accounting software strongly preferred
- Ability to lead multiple accounting functions and achieve high quality output and accuracy
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment while integrating a high degree of attention to detail and organization
- Appreciation for free market ideals and principles of limited government