A Center for Shared Services client is seeking several local directors to oversee and execute the organization’s grassroots efforts in several geographic areas. It is the objective of the organization to educate and motivate a previously untapped demographic in support of an ultimate goal of active and long-term support for policies that embrace and promote fiscally conservative principals.
- Develop, along with national management, a work plan for the client’s grassroots organizing and mobilizing efforts in a designated area of responsibility, including local advocacy/activities planning.
- Innovate new approaches to engaging the target demographic, in conjunction with national management and in consultation with local leadership.
- Develop and deploy leadership and grassroots volunteer advocacy networks.
- Interact with and outreach to representatives of key legacy networks within the target demographic. Although some targeting will be directed by national management, the local director will also be expected to research and produce a list of networks active in their area of operations.
- Brief and direct volunteer leadership, with a special emphasis on compliance.
- Logistics management, in conjunction with national management, for media outreach and communication efforts.
- Maintain constant dialogue with active members of the grassroots leadership and network, members of allied organizations and other individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 – 5 years experience with grassroots operations and/or campaign work is preferred
- Previous experience with the military and/or veterans community is required
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment while integrating a high degree of attention to detail and organization