A Center for Shared Services client seeks an Office Manager to work closely with the senior leadership team to help ensure effective and efficient administrative, human resource, and accounting systems. This manager will be responsible for regular maintenance of office systems and supervising administrative staff. He or she will need to be detail-oriented and deadline driven, while always seeking new ways to improve the efficiency of office operations. This client organization is an independent non-profit, nonpartisan organization that seeks to educate and organize young Americans on the economic challenges facing our nation. It is their mission to engage Americans on today’s policies and avoid tomorrow’s problems through education and awareness projects.
- Work with senior staff to perform various HR duties to include: onboarding orientation for new employees, maintaining personnel files, liaising with HR vendors, and overseeing professional development programs.
- Review, improve and implement office administrative systems to improve efficiency and reliability (i.e. office supply ordering).
- Act as a confidential assistant to handle sensitive documents such as payroll, personnel information and budgets for the Executive Director and COO.
- Act as a liaison with the organization’s accounting team to process invoices, reimbursements and accounts payable. Must maintain an accurate, up-to-date filing system.
- Work with COO to perform various accounting tasks as assigned, including gathering information for reports, liaising with accountants, and other special projects.
- Establish and manage vendor relationships.
- Manage 1-2 administrative/operations employees to ensure that office systems are functioning in an efficient and timely manner.
- 2-4 years of experience in administrative and/or operations roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or related field is preferred
- Self-motivated individual who takes strong initiative and possesses a results-oriented, entrepreneurial track record
- A strong interest in finding new ways to improve office systems and promote a positive office culture
- Ability to manage and supervise 1-2 people
- Ability to keep things confidential
- Dedication to the goals of the organization and free market principles
- A strong interest in the organization’s mission
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Demonstrates a strong ability in written and oral communications
- Campaign or issue advocacy experience is preferred, but not required