The Center for Shared Services seeks an Operations Assistant to assist the various departments across the organization with special projects in different fields. The role requires a self-starter who will take initiative on special projects, presentations, and general operational support as departmental needs arise. The Center for Shared Services equips free market non-profit organizations with the best tools to achieve their missions. We provide advice and information on: compliance, human resources, recruiting, finance, accounting, and communications. We also offer leadership development training, best practices in management and policy, and recommendations for consultants and vendors to fulfill operational needs.
- Prepare reports, presentations, memorandums, proposals, and correspondence for various departments.
- Support operational team and assist in team projects across the organization’s departments.
- Create office processes and systems to increase organizational efficiency.
- Assist in office space development and security systems procedures.
- Provide support to various departments for special projects including research, editing, administrative support, and events logistics coordination.
- Contribute to additional projects by taking initiative and bringing innovative ideas that add value to the organization’s clients.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or 1-2 years related experience or training
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before groups
- Ability to carry out instructions provided in written, oral, or diagram form, and to solve problems involving several variables
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Support experience in a professional services, administrative, and/or management capacity
- Experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes
- Professional, upbeat, energetic, innovative, dependable, and takes pride in work product
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment while integrating a high degree of attention to detail and organization
- Appreciation for free market ideals and principles of limited government