A Center for Shared Services client seeks several State Volunteer Coordinators to oversee and execute the organization’s grassroots efforts in several geographic areas. This position will support the organization in engaging the millennial generation to advance free market principles by growing grassroots networks that will supply advocates and local community volunteers. This position will report to the State Director.
- Collaborate with National Management and the State Director in developing a local grassroots strategy for organizing and mobilizing advocacy efforts and activities, and in managing the volunteer program, budget, and logistics.
- Develop, grow, and maintain an active volunteer network to assist with various goals and projects and to help with event planning, implementation, and turnout.
- Develop and deploy leadership and grassroots volunteer advocacy networks.
- Interact with and reach out to representatives of key legacy networks within the target demographic.
- Research and produce a list of networks active in their local area of operations.
- Recruit, brief and direct volunteer leadership, with a special emphasis on compliance.
- Support media, event, and organizational outreach and communication efforts with local teams and leaders.
- Maintain constant dialogue with active members of the grassroots leadership and extended network.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years’ experience with grassroots operations and/or campaign work is preferred
- Previous experience with the target demographic is desirable
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment while integrating a high degree of attention to detail and organization
- Strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills