A Center for Shared Services client seeks a Vice President of Digital Strategy who is responsible for driving a digital strategy to identify, engage, and mobilize 18-29 year olds. The VP will provide overall leadership and direct digital strategy and development including software applications, new and existing web asset capabilities as well as ongoing digital marketing efforts. This will include managing engineers, designers, and marketing strategists. The VP will be responsible for building the capability to assist and support the organization’s other goals surrounding communications efforts, grassroots field activities, and other strategic endeavors related to issue advocacy.
- Advise and counsel senior leadership on opportunities to leverage digital assets to further the organization’s mission.
- Manage a team of employees that maximizes the individual contributions of each team member.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the organization and any related external relationships.
- Lead the development of new digital products, including websites, applications, and other tools.
- Design and maintain an appropriate Software Development Life Cycle that will complement fast-paced business needs and schedule.
- Keep current with trends and issues in technology, including technologies and prices.
- Establish technology goals, objectives and operating procedures consistent with the overall strategic plan.
- Lead and educate internal teams on common practices and trends for digital initiatives, including websites, social media, mobile sites, email products and native apps for iOS and Android.
- Update and maintain organizational standards for all digital technologies.
- Lead and execute projects to support ongoing initiatives.
- Proactively collaborate and plan activities to ensure that the organization is fully utilizing its assets to increase visibility and ensure the organization’s message is being communicated effectively in the digital space.
- Stay organized and exhibit critical attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively and on a frequent basis with senior leadership and staff.
- 5+ years of experience in digital strategy and/or digital product development
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
- Advanced degrees or certifications in business and/or digital fields preferred
- Demonstrate strong entrepreneurial ability and experience working in a “lean start-up” or analogous approaches to innovative digital product is required
- Demonstrate technical knowledge related to digital development and design
- Possess a proven track record of launching new products and/or driving original strategies in online marketing or development
- Possess strong management and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong entrepreneurial ability and experience working in a “lean start-up” or taking analogous approaches to innovative digital products is required